March 2nd is Dr. Seuss’s birthday! What better way to celebrate than to read? Let’s add fun to your kid’s reading journey by making these cute seuss themed bookmarks.
In this video, I am going to show you 3 different bookmark ideas. A cute monster corner bookmark, dog and cat label bookmarks and a simple paperclip button bookmark. Aren’t these just the cutest thing ever?
Let’s get started and have fun.
DETAILED VIDEO TUTORIAL HERE
Monster Corner Bookmark:
- Construction paper
- Glue Stick
- Pen or pencil
- Take a square piece of paper and fold it in half.
- Fold the left and right corner to the center point as shown in the video. Now unfold it.
- Again fold the back the sheet in half as shown.
- Now tuck in the left and right corners into the folded sheet space.
- Using a different color paper decorate the bookmark like a monster adding eyes and teeth.
- That’s It! A cute Book Eating Corner Monster Bookmark is ready!
Dog and Cat Label Bookmark:
- Cardstock paper
- Color paper or any paper with pattern
- Glue Stick
- Trace an ear shape and a mouth shape in the color paper and cut it out.
- Cut the cardstock paper in the form of a label and paste the paper cuts on the label cardstock forming an animal face.
- Now make eyes for the animal by pasting two circular paper and draw eyes on them.
- Using the patterned color paper, cut three pieces as shown in the video and paste it which looks like a tie
- Now cut the excess cardstock and paste it over another cardstock paper as shown in the video.
- That’s It! Cute puppy and kitten label bookmarks are ready.
Simple Paperclip Button Bookmark:
This is one is very simple and thanks to the glue gun which makes it more easier. “Glue guns are way too hot, it is better if parents can do the glue gun part for their kids”.
- Glue Gun
- Apply glue on the backside of the button and paste the paper clip. Wait for a while for the glue to dry completely.
- That’s It! Your paperclip bookmark is ready in less than two minutes.
I am sure your kids would have a fun reading month! Ok, which one is your favorite? I’d love to hear what your kids come up with to add to what I’ve created.
We would love to hear from you.
Make this and show it off! Email it to us at email@example.com or upload it on social media and tag us. @passionatemoms,@raisingworldchildren. We would feature the best ones on OUR platform for the world to see!