Life today is not how it used to be years ago. The stress levels are astronomical, even for kids. This Yogi Superhero book series gives you the opportunity to help children build calm from the inside out.
We got these two books from the author to review and found it very interesting to say the least. What is specially nice is the way the author has explained the different poses in the simplest of ways.
A Children’s book about yoga, mindfulness and managing busy mind and negative emotions
Key points about the book –
- “Yogi Superhero” is an introduction to yoga for children ages 3-8.
- A meaningful book which demonstrates mindful yoga poses and breathing exercise.
The perfect picture book for parents, carers, and Yoga teachers.
It teaches basic poses which help to self-soothe and self-regulate in our crazy world and help with managing negative emotions.
- Easy to follow poses are perfect for a bedtime or morning yoga, or to be enjoyed as a bedtime read.
- Readers will learn techniques for relaxing the body and the mind.
- Book is based on the Yogi Superhero programme for children ages 4-12, delivered for the last few years, which combines passion for yoga and creative teaching.
When we began reading the first book, my son loved that the superheros element was used in the book. He figures it would be very exciting for kids who love superheroes. It is so important actually to help kids learn about different concepts, but built around the things they love already. It makes imbibing things very easy.
Fun illustrations make this book a charm to read. I specially liked how the author has made it appealing to kids with describing each pose and connecting it to how yoga can make us feel. The steps to managing breathing was a great help to us and we found ourselves doing the actions along with the book.
The different kids in the book help make the book much more visually diverse. It is a book I imagine would be a must re-read for kids who you want to help imbibe calm into. Also, never hurts that yoga is one of the best exercises to do.
This colour book tells a story which allows children to understand that we are already a Yogi Superhero, we just sometimes forget about it.
You can get the book from USA here – Yogi Superhero
Yogi Superhero Adventures in Nature ForestA Children’s book about yoga, mindfulness, kindness and managing busy mind and fear.
Key points about the book –
- Basic yoga poses are related entirely to the forest story, they help to self-soothe and self-regulate in this crazy world and help with managing emotions.
- An introduction to yoga for children ages 3-8.
- Book is based on the Yogi Superhero programme for children ages 4-12.
What a wonderful read it turned out to be.
In a forest, one wants to find the peace of mind that we all crave In our busy lives. The kids here inspired my little one to get into the poses with them. She specially loved that all her favorite animals have been mentioned. The colorfully bright illustrations made for a calming read. We again found ourselves doing the exercises as we read since they were so well explained.
About the Author –
It was only when she started Yoga that the inspiration to write returned to her.
You can connect with her books via – http://orangelotusyoga.co.uk/yogi-superhero-book-kids-yoga/
More book recommendation lists and reviews here – Kids Corner Books