This post is strictly for the kids and dads. If you are a Mother please look away! This is a perfect one of a kind craft that you could create and gift your Mom for this Mother’s day. This is an easy project for anyone to try but you need a little patience for the glue and paint to dry. Let’s get started with the supplies you need.
FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL HERE
- Popsicle sticks
- Kids paint & Brush
- Egg carton
- Chenille stem
- Construction paper
- Black Marker
- Take a construction paper, apply some glue and start pasting the popsicle sticks adjacent to one another and wait until its dry.
- Now paint the popsicle canvas with your desired colors and let it dry. Mixing of any two colors gives a great look.
- Meanwhile cut the tiny compartments from the egg carton and make them into small flowers as shown in the video.
- Go creative and make your flowers colorful. Make sure the color you chose go well with the popsicle canvas.
- Once the flowers are dry paste the buttons in the center to make it look more appealing.
- For the flower pot and the sun, take a construction paper, trace and cut it out the shape.
- Now its time to decorate our canvas! A glue gun works best here (which is not advisable for kids as it is very hot. Make sure you have an adult to help with a glue gun.)
- Paste the egg carton flowers to the canvas on the top position as shown. For branches and leaves use chenille stem. At the bottom of the branches paste the pot and sun on the top as shown.
- Using a black marker write your love note to your mom. That’s It! your cute Mother’s Day Keepsake Gift is ready to surprise your mom.
I am sure your Mom will certainly love this wonderful DIY keepsake gift.